Shri Venkatesh Suprabhatam by MS Subbulaxmi
1. Kowsalya supraja Rama poorva sandhya
pravarthathe Uthishta narasardoola
karthavyam daivamahnikam (twice)
1. Sri Rama! Kausalya's endearing son! Wake up, dear;
You have to do Your day-to-day duties; Do wake up please.
2. Uthishtothishta Govinda uthishta
kamalakantha thrilokyam mangalam kuru (twice)
2. Sri Govinda! All the three worlds are under Your rule;
they have to prosper. Wake up, my child.
3. Mathassamasta jagatham madukaitabhare:
Vakshoviharini manohara divyamoorthe
Sree swamini srithajana priya danaseele
Sree Venkatesadayithe thava suprabhatham
3. Sri Lakshmi! You are in Venkateswara's's bosom,
With Your lotus-eyes wide open to the world.
Get up dear.
Bhavathu prasanna mukhachandra mandale
Vrishasaila nathadavithel davanidhe
4. Sri Lakshmi! The celestials viz. Parvati, Saraswati, and Indrani
stand in prayer to Thee. You have an endearing attachment to Your devotees.
5. Athriyadhi saptharushayssamupasyasandyam
Aakasa sindhu kamalani manoharani
Aadaya padhayuga marchayithum
prapanna: Seshadrisekhara vibho!
5. Sri Srinivasa! Maharishis like Atri are forging ahead
from far and near, for your darshan, Get up, dear.
6. Panchananabja bhava shanmukavasavadhya:
vasara shuddhi marath Seshadri
sekhara vibho! thava subrabhatham
6. Aran, Ayan, Shanmuga and Devas are all anxious to adore You.
The daily Panchangam is to be read and approved by You. Get up, Srinivasa, dear.
7. Eeshathprapulla saraseeruha narikela
Phoogadrumadi sumanohara Balikanam
Aavaathi mandamanilassaha divya gandhai:
Seshadri shekara vibho!
7. Dawn is ahead. Flowers are opening their petals.
The morning breeze is bracing. Get up and bless Your devotees.
8. Unmeelya nethrayugamuththama
panjarasthaa: Paathraa vasishta
kadhaleephala payasani Bhukthvaa
saleelamatha keli sukha: patanthi Seshadri sekhara vibho!
8. Parrots are chanting Your celestial names repeatedly
to the ecstasy of Your Bakthas.
Get up, God, to hear the Sahasranamams of Your Divine Self.
vipanchyaa Gayathyanantha charitham
thava naradopi Bhashasamagrama sakruthkara sara rammyam Seshadri
sekhara vibho! thava suprabhatham
9. Thumburu Narada is speeding up to You.
His Veena is set to sing Your glory.
Do hear these melodious songs of Narada.
10. Brungavaleecha makaranda rashanuvidda
Jhankara geetha ninadaissa sevanaya
Niryathyupaantha sarasee kamalodarebhyaha
Seshadri sekhara vibhol thava suprabhatham
10. Lotus—hidden bees, having come out
in the open with the opening of the petals, are singing solemn hymns.
Oh Srinivasa! You are omnipotent.
11. Yoshaganena varadhadni vimathyamaane
vidha-dhathe kakubhascha kumbhaha
Seshadri sekhara vibho!
11. Ayarpadi, ladies are singing their sweet melodies as they are churning butter.
They announce the day-dawn. Get up,
Oh Govinda! Bless these endearing Gopis.
12. Padmeshamithra sathapathra
kathalivargha Harthum shriyam
kuvalayasya nijanga Lakshmya Bheree
ninadamiva bibrathi theevranadam
Seshadri sekhara vibho!
12. The humming black bees seem to sing that they are far
more attractive than the black 'Kuvali' flowers from
which they draw honey.All the three of you namely,
bees, flowers and Your Holy Self form a holy
Trinity in colour and splendour.
13. Sreemannabheeshta varadhakhila
lookabandho Sree Sreenivasa
Sree devathagruha bhujanthara
divyamurthe Sree Venkatachalapathe!
13. You have changed Your abode from Heaven to
Venkatam to give boons to Your devotees.
Do Hurry up! Venkatesa, to bless them.
14. Sree swamy pushkarinikaplava nirmalangaa
Sreyorthino hara viranchi
sanadadhyaha Dware vasanthi
Sree Venkatachalapathel thava suprabhatham
14. Ayan, Aran and Celestials, after taking bath in
Swami Pushkarini, are awaiting Your Grace to receive blessings.
15. Sree seshasaila garudachala venkatadri
Narayanadri vrishabhadri vrishadri
mukhyam Akhyam thvadeeyavasatheranisam
vadanthi Sree Venkatachalapathe! thava suprabhatham
15. You have made Venkatam your permanent abode.
Aran, and celestials are chanting the glory of the Sapthagiri.
16. Sevaaparaashiva suresa krusanudharma
Rakshombhunatha pavamana dhanadhi
nathaha: Bhaddanjali pravilasannija
seersha deSaha: Sree Venkatachalapathe!
16. The Dikpalakars, eight in number, are seeking
Your grace in prayerful mood to take orders for their allotted work.
mrugadhiraja Nagadhiraja gajaraja hayadhiraja:
marthayanthe Sree Venkatachalapathe!
17. Garuda, lion, Anata, Gaja, Aswa, all these five are awaiting
Your Command to improve their way of doing things
to serve You better and more effectively.
18. Sooryendhubhouma bhudhavakpathi
kavya soori Swarbhanukethu
Twaddhasa dasa charamavadhidaasa daasa:
18. Navagrahas are awaiting Your pleasure. Please wake up
19. Thwathpadadhulibharita spurithothha
manga: Swargapavarga nirapeksha
kulatham labhanthe Sree Venkatachalapathe!
19. Surya and the rest of the Navagrahas are steadfast
in their dutiful obeissance to Your devotees.
They await Your Command to serve you through your devotees.
20. Thvadgopuragra sikharani
padaveem paramam shrayantha:
mathimashrayanthe Sree Venkatachalapathe!
20. Srinivasa! Mankind desires to be with you for ever and for ever in
Venkatam and to serve You life-long.
21. Sree bhoominayaka dayadhi guna
mmruthabdhe Devadideva jagadeka
saranya moorthe Sreemannanantha
21. Ananta and Garuda are eagerly standing at Your door.
Their anxious to serve You at a moment's notice is telling.
22. Sree Padmanabha Purushothama
Vasudeva Vaikunta Madhava Janardhana
chakrapane Sree vathsachinha
22. Bakthas are chanting Your names as Vasudeva, Madhava,
Govinda, Janardhana, Chakrapani and other endearing names.
Devotees are ever ready to obey Your Command.
23. Kandarpa darpa hara sundara divya
murthe Kanthaa kuchamburuha
kutmialola drishte Kalyana nirmala
23. Sri Lakshmi is enchanted by Your beauty.
She would not leave her Lord.
For the sake of Bakthas get up please and afford them Dharshan.
24. Meenakruthe kamatakola Nrusimha varnin
Swamin parashvatha thapodana
yadhunandana kalki roopa
24. Thy descent from Paramapada was heralded in
Thy numerous avathars when You did immense good to Your devotees.
Great God, do come to us to help us in our distress.
25. Elaa lavanga ghanasaara sugandhi
hemaghateshu poornam Drutwadhya
vaidika sikhamanaya: prahrushta:
25. Vedic Savants are in wait with
Akasaganga theertham for Your morning Anushtanam.
Vedic hymns sung by them are a delight to hear and cherish.
Do get up Sri Srinivasa
26. Bhaswanudethi vikachani saroruhani
Sampoorayanthi ninadai: kakubho
vihangha: Sree vaishnavassathatha
marthitha mangalasthe Dhamasrayanthi
thava Venkata! subrabhatham
26. The twitterings of birds on all sides proclaim the dawn of the day.
Devotees are gathered in numbers and they sing their vociferous adoration to You.
Santhassa nandana mukhastvatha
yogivarya: Dhamanthike thavahi mangala
vasthu hasthaa: Sree Venkatachalapathe!
27. Brahma and celestials are awaiting You
with their choicest edibles to greet You, great God.
28. Lakshminivasa niravadya gunaika sindo:
Samsarasagara samuththaranaika setho
Vedanta vedya nijavaibhava bhakta
bhogya Sree Venkatachalapathe!
28. Devotees in ecstasy are at Your door in all eagerness.
You are in duty bound to help them with your
inimitable caress and affection; Great one!
29. ltnam vnsnacnala pamerlna
suprabhatham Ye manava: prathidinam
patithum pravrutha: Thesham
prabhatha samaye smruthirangabhhajam
Pragnyam paraartha sulabham paramam prasoothe
29. Day-to-day prayers to You, Sri Vehkatesa! fetch untold
wealth of devotional culture and fervor. God, give us your grace.