Mint-coriander chutney to go with rice pulao, an Awadhi recipe
This recipe comes from Lucknow kitchens. It goes well with Awadhi cuisine, especially the biryani and kababs. It is a great accompaniment with snacks like samosa, pakora, spring roll, and staple rice dishes like khichri and pulao.
Ingredients for making green mint-coriander chutney:
- Mint: 1 small bunch
- Green Coriander: 1 small bunch
- Yogurt/Dahi: 4 tbs
- Cumin/Jeera seeds: 1 tsp
- Green chilly: 3
- Water: 2 tbs
- Salt to taste
Method for making green mint-coriander chutney:
- Separate the mint leaves from the stem.
- Roughly chop the bunch of coriander, stem and all.
- Wash the greens thoroughly.
- Take all the listed ingredients in a mixer blender. Blend together.
- Serve at room temperature.
This is a cooling recipe for high pitta in summer. The mint, coriander, cumin and yogurt are cooling. The green chilly and the yogurt if it is sour is pitta aggravating, though.