How to make Sesame Jaggery Diwali sweet, sugar free laddoo
Sesame Jaggery Sugar free laddooBy Anisha Sharma
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
- White Sesame seeds (lightly toasted): 1 cup
- Jaggery (lumps or powder): 1 cup
- Khoya (Thickened milk to a dry consistency. No sugar added.): 1 cup
- Dessicated coconut: 1 cup
- Green cardomom powder (freshly ground has more flavour): 1/4 tea spoon
- Nutmeg powder (If cardomom is not available): 1 pinch
Directions:On a low flame, in a heavy bottomed pan, toss the seasame, till it changes colour, and you get a nutty aroma. Take off the flame immediately.
Keep aside a spoonful of seasame seeds.
Blend the remaining, lightly toasted seasame seeds with jaggery, khoya, dessicated cocunut and cardomom or nutmeg in a blender, into a fine consistency.
Use your plams to roll small portions of the mixture into balls/laddoos.
Roll all the laddoos in a plate with a spoonful of seasame seeds.
The balls must be made when the mixture is warm from the blender. Use a dash of water on your palms to roll the laddoos easily. If you are not comfortable working with the warm mixture, make barfi instead of laddoo by spreading the mixture on a lightly buttered tray/plate. Sprinkle the spoonful of seasame seeds. Cut into pieces and allow to cool till the mixture sets into barfi pieces.
See another variation of Til Laddoo