Sita Ram Vivah celebration in Sri Ram Charitmanas by Goswami Tulsidas ji, sung by Pandit Channulal Misra ji
Here is an excerpt from the popular epic poem Sri Ram Charitmanas in Awadhi dialect by Goswami Tulsidas ji. It has been sung by eminent singer Pandit Channulal Misra ji. Listening to him in a live concert is an enthralling experience.
In the video below, Pandit ji is singing the story of Sita Ram vivah. This day is known as Vivah Panchmi in Bhaarat (India) and is one of the most popular dates for choosing as one’s wedding day. This year Vivah Panchmi is on 11 and 12 December 2018. As per the Vedic astrological tithi, it is Margshirsha Month, Shukla Paksha, Panchmi. Ram was born in Ayodhya in India. The wedding celebration is at Mithila, Janakpuri.
Let us listen to the story here, by Pandit Channulal Misra ji, himself…
Ram the king, was a mighty king,
Who ruled with the might of love.
He had a wife, dainty and bright,
Sita was her name.
They lived in Awadh, in the Kanak Bhawan,
And found great fame.
- a poem by Anisha Sharma
More about Sri Ram
- Raja Ram temple at Orchha, Madhya Pradesh
- Kanak Bhawan at Ayodhya
- जय राम रमारमनं शमनं, भव ताप भयाकुल पाहि जनं
- भए प्रगट कृपाला दीनदयाला कौसल्या हितकारी
- राजा दसरथ जी के घरवा, आज जनमें ललनवा
- Ramayan trail, Chitrakoot travel journal
- Deepotsav, Rediscovering the original Awadhi cuisine at Ayodhya
- An introduction to Sundarkand for first timers