Ekadashi Fasting Recipe: Kasha, Russian Buckwheat Millet Porridge, Krishna Bhog Recipe, Kuttu Millet Recipe
Ekadashi Recipe: Kasha (Russian Buckwheat Porridge)
- 1 cup buckwheat groats
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or clarified butter
- Plain yogurt, for serving
- Rinse the buckwheat groats under cold water to remove any impurities.
- In a medium saucepan, add the rinsed buckwheat groats and water.
- Add the salt and bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover the saucepan, and let the buckwheat simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the water is absorbed and the groats are tender.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let it sit, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add the butter or clarified butter to the cooked buckwheat and mix well until the butter is melted and incorporated.
- Serve the kasha warm, topped with a dollop of plain yogurt.
Kasha is a traditional Russian porridge made with buckwheat groats. It is often served as a side dish or as a breakfast option. The addition of butter and yogurt enhances the flavour and adds richness to the dish. Serve warm Kasha to Krishna ji and enjoy the prasad meal!
Jai Sri Radhe! Hare Krishna!