Easy Indian Pulao rice recipe
Rice: 1 cup
Water: 2 cups
Salt: to taste
Ghee (clarified butter) or butter: 2 tablespoons
Cumin seeds: 1/2 teaspoon
Green peas: 1/2 cup
Carrots diced to the same size as green peas: 1/2 cup
- In a thick-bottomed pan, melt the ghee and add cumin.
- As the cumin sputters, add carrots and peas and stir for 2 minutes on high flame.
- Add the washed and drained rice. Stir for 1 minute.
- Add 2 cups water and salt.
- Cook uncovered till the the rice is almost done and the water is absorbed almost completely.
- Cover and simmer on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the heat. Keep covered for another five minutes after switching off the heat. Serve hot with a curry, raita, papar, salad, chutney, laddoo, halwa, kheer or saffron rice.