6 vegan Indian recipes with Mint for relaxing the nerves and improving digestion
Mint is a great help in the Indian kitchen for calming the mind and soothing the digestive system.
- Sugarcane juice any time of the year
- Awadhi cuisine Mint Chutney
- Mint tea: Boil water and switch off the heat. Add a sprig of mint leaves or stem. Cover and allow the herb to steep for 5 minutes. Add palm candy or any other raw sugar and a squeeze of lemon juice. Enjoy warm or cool, not chilled.
- Mint Potato Stir fry: Stir fry boiled and diced potatoes in a little cold pressed mustard oil (or ghee) with a pinch of cumin seeds and pepper powder, a lavish fist of mint leaves and pinch of raw mango powder (khatai) or sprinkle with lemon juice. Add sea-salt to taste, mix well and serve hot. Take care to cook in a heavy –bottomed steel pan, and switch off the heat before adding lemon juice.
- Sandwich spread
- Tamarind or Mango panna: Blend a spoonful of tamarind pulp or raw mango cubes with a spoonful of mint leaves, a pinch of roasted cumin powder, black salt and sea salt to taste, rock candy to taste and pinch of heeng/asafetida (optional). Mix this blend with 200 ml water and enjoy the cooling drink in summer.